FAQs. Ask away...
New to Widney
Can I move to Widney Dental Care from another practice?
- Yes – we welcome new patients to WDC. We also see patients for second opinions and on referral from their own dentist. Referred patients are always discharged back to the referring dentist.
What do I need to do to become a patient?
- You will be required to register your details with our reception team via telephone or in person and book an appointment; once you've had your initial appointment you are registered.
How long does this usually take to move over?
- We can usually register new patients quite quickly however this will depend on your requirements for appointments and our current availability.
Do I need to get my dental records sent to you from another practice?
- No - dental records do not move from practice to practice like medical records. Your current practice will keep your dental records and we will start afresh. We recommend patients to advise their current dental practice that they have gone elsewhere so that records can be updated. If we do require further information from your records, such as x-rays, we normally request this from your old practice.
What are the practice opening hours?
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am – 6pm Friday: 8.30am – 5pm Saturdays by appointment
Is there on-site parking?
- There is parking available at the front of the practice and off-road. Please be respectful to our neighbours when parking.
Is there access for less-abled persons?
- Yes. We have the following facilities available:
- Ramps to gain access to the building
- Doors are of wheelchair access width
- Ground floor surgeries
- Ground floor WC
- Disabled parking space at front of practice
- Hearing loop system